Word-filled Wednesday


You may have noticed this image on my sidebar. It is a picture from last year's flood in Cedar Rapids. June 13th marks the one year anniversary, but it seems like a LIFETIME ago....

Our city is remembering this date by celebrating what God has done. (Please scroll down to read more about the FANTASTIC celebration!) There were so many times you could witness the hand of God through this difficult trial. And, while our human nature tends to ask "why", we rest in the knowledge that our God is GOOD and that we become stronger through our adversaries. Without resistance, we would never grow. The most important thing to remember is that God is with us. He never leaves us. And, He is here walking us through it.

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isaiah 43:1-3

Please join in this week's WFW! Click here to see more participants!.

Here are more pictures of the flood. Click here and here and here to read more about the flooding. And, please scroll down to read about the celebration!





8 thoughts shared....:

Lisa said...

Oh my word. That verse is so perfect. Thank you for sharing!

Miss Charlene said...

Wow! I had no idea about the flood! We were having a DRASTIC fire here due to massive lightning at the same time. Seems like a lifetime ago too! God is good! Awesome pics too!

Kristi said...

That takes my breath away. WFW blessings to you!

Cathy said...

Thank God for His wonderful promises.

Laurie Ann said...

I cannot believe it's been almost a year! I remember praying for you and your city back then. May God be honored by your celebration of remembering how good He has been. Great WFW! Have a wonderful day!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing sweetie.

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what a lovely reminder you have shared about God's faithfulness. And how faithful you are to believe and trust. These photo's are amazing. I am glad you and your townspeople are recovering. I love the verse you chose. Thanks for sharing.
Many Blessings,
Sherry

Amydeanne said...

wow.. you've left me speechless with those pictures Tracy, those are just amazing!

Hugs and prayers for sharing your heart!