Word- Filled Wednesday....Seasons

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

…He has made everything beautiful in its time.” –Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, 11


Have you noticed the trees starting to turn the beautiful colors of autumn? I love the fall; it is my favorite season! I began thinking about seasons…..how we have different seasons in our lives.

We have different seasons in our lives as well.

For instance, several years ago I had an in-home daycare and took care of several little ones including my own. In 2000, God placed on my heart the desire to “do” daycare in my home. My kids were all very young. I know it was God who placed this desire in my heart because I never was excited to wipe yucky noses of OTHER people’s children! (And the many other ways a mother serves her children!) But, God gave me the ability to truly LOVE these children as my own. And, it turned out to be a precious time in my life. I am thankful for the years of serving, singing bible songs, teaching bible stories, and just LOVING on these precious ones.

He taught me many life lessons in this season. But, I tend to have a hard time with CHANGE. I don’t want to let go, and try to hold on to things the way they are with both hands, kicking and screaming all the way! Well, God, began to “take away” these daycare families one by one through different circumstances. After much prayer, I began to realize that daycare had been a season of my life, and that season had come to an end. As my children have gotten older, I realize I do not have the time to invest in daycare families. I need to physically give of my self to my OWN family. Now, am I am thankful for a new season in my life, and thanked God for His wisdom.

As a mom, I remind myself that this time, too, is just a season. My children will only be this young once. They are growing up. Sometimes, I can get frustrated because I want to do more.....There are things I desire to do for "me." God has planted many dreams and desires in my heart, but, I remind myself to be patient and wait for His timing. I have to remember that season has not yet come.

You see, planting comes in a different season than harvesting. A farmer does not harvest in the same season as he has planted. Some “crops” take longer than others. For instance, when we plant sweet peas in the garden, they come up much faster than the tomatoes. There is a season to plant, a season to harvest, a season to plow (ouch!). There are times when God is plowing up the weeds and tilling the soil of my heart. But, “He makes everything beautiful in its time.” Thank You, God for that promise.

Father, I praise You. Thank You for Your infinite wisdom. Thank You that You know when a season has come to an end. I may try to hold on, kicking and screaming, but I surrender to You. Thank You, God, that make everything beautiful in its time, in Your time. Help me to be patient, Lord, when I am in season that is difficult. Remind me that is a SEASON, and “this too shall pass.” Thank You for Your harvest season! I love You, Lord! Praise You, Jesus! In Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
Please join Penny for more WFW!

2 thoughts shared....:

Denise said...

Really lovely.

Anita Harris said...

What a blessing it is when we can say, thank you to our LORD for loving us enough to help us see His hand in our seasons. I haven't been to your blog in a while. I signed up to receive email updated via another email. You writing speaks volumes.