When you pray...

When you pray, go away by yourself, all alone, and shut the door behind you and pray to your Father secretly, and your Father, who knows your secrets, will reward you.

-Matthew 6:6 TLB


Would you please take a few minutes TODAY, get alone with the Lord and pour out your heart before Him? I love that He already knows my secrets, but He wants me to share them with Him.

Have you ever shared secrets with a best friend.....and gotten hurt when you did?

Don't worry. God won't tell your secrets. He won't stop being your friend when He "finds out." He won't scorn you and condemn you. He will forgive you. He will help you. He will refresh you. He will take away your shame.

Spend some one-on-one time with your Father, sharing the secrets of your heart.

He will reward you. He promises that in verse 6.

God is a God who ANSWERS prayer.

Father God, thank You for loving me. Thank You that You listen to me. Thank You that You take away my shame. I am so thankful that I can share my secrets with You. Bless You, Jesus. It is in Your Name I pray.

2 thoughts shared....:

Laurie Ann said...

Thanks for this reminder, Tracy. God loves us, just as we are, warts and all!

Denise said...

Amen, we need to pray without ceasing.