Miracle Monday



Aaahhh!!!!!!!! Have you ever gotten behind and struggled with catching back up? Well, that is me right now. (I could use some prayers in this area!) Anyway, I am posting a new meme that I am excited to participate in, "Miracle Monday." I know, I know, it is Tuesday.....that's what I mean about being behind! But, I love this idea- to share the "everyday" miracles that we see God working in our lives. And, by thinking about them, realizing THAT and HOW God works in our lives every minute. He is always there- He never leaves our side. Like yesterday, at Target, when I had Brian and the kids waiting for me in the car (mostly crying) and every checkout line was so long. I said a little prayer asking God to help and a very nice Target employee led me to a new line opening. Oh, how I thanked Him and gave Him glory!



So, please go over to a Mom's Life http://beth-amomslife.blogspot.com/ to read all of the amazing ways God is working in people's lives! God is good and there are miracles all around when we open our eyes to see them.

So, this week, in honor of Abigail's 1st birthday tomorrow, I would like to share my miracle.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord. “Plans for hope and a future. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.”-Jeremiah 29:11 God does have a plan for our lives! Now, the funny thing is sometimes our plans are not always God’s plans! His plans for us can look very different from our own at times. Brian and I were not planning a fifth child. Our family, we thought, was "perfect." We were comfortable.... I can definitely say, A NEW BABY WAS NOT OUR PLAN! In fact, we were taking precautions to prevent any chance of another baby. We sold all of our baby things- car seats, strollers, clothes, bouncy seats, everything- in a garage sale. I had given away all maternity clothes.

Well, we found out we were expecting in July after a trip to Adventureland Amusement Park. We went when it was really HOT- in the 90's. Several times, I had to sit down because I thought I was going to pass out. I thought I had heat stroke! When I continued to be sick Saturday, Sunday, and then Monday, I told Brian I needed to get a pregnancy test. His response was, "Why?" He just figured birth control was 100% accurate!

To be honest, when I first took the pregnancy test and it was positive, I did NOT see the humor in our situation! Since this is my 7th pregnancy, I have taken MANY tests. For the first time, that positive sign did not fill me with exuberant joy. In fact, if I were to be completely honest, I felt disappointment, anxiousness, and fear. You see, I had my plans all figured out. I had thought, Aaron, my youngest, would start preschool in the fall. I thought, "I am in new season of life! I finally have a little independence, I can concentrate more on writing and speaking. I can volunteer at school. I could even go have coffee with friends- for the first time in 10 years!"

A new baby was the farthest thing from "my plan!"You see, God’s plans may look so different than ours! We have an idea of what we’re going to do, how it should be done, and the timing of it all. The Bible says, “God’s ways are not our ways. But, God's ways are perfect." And, reminding myself of Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you (God knows what He's doing!), plans for GOOD and not evil, plans to PROSPER YOU AND NOT HARM YOU, plans for hope and a future." If God's plan was a new baby, then that was good! Even though it took us by surprise, it was a good plan for our family.

What really turned my thinking around, though, was Psalm 147 that says, "Sons are a heritage from the Lord. Children are a reward from Him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate."

Wow! I looked at my pregnancy in a whole new way! God was rewarding me! And, I felt badly because I had not seen this child as a "blessing.'' It was like that saying, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." I had taken God's gift for granted and wasn't thankful for it. Boy, does the Truth have a way of changing your thinking! I replaced the lie the enemy and my flesh had been deceiving me with, stealing the joy from this pregnancy with His Truth!

When Abigail was born, Brian and I were overwhelmed by the love we felt for her. And, we wondered how could we think we didn't NEED her? That was the emotion I felt the strongest.....how could I ever had thought that I didn't NEED another baby? When we would look at her we were filled with such joy. We were so thankful that she was a part of our family. She was definitely our miracle.

The republished post that tells about Abagail's birth follows..........

Father God, thank you for being a part of our lives. Thank you for your miracles. Give us eyes to see your miracles every day. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.


Thursday, March 29, 2007

Baby Abigail
Greetings, all!Grace and peace to you all from our Lord Jesus Christ!

Sorry it has taken so long to get to all of you! Thank you all for your well wishes and congratulations! Abigail is doing awesome and mommy is LOVING "being home" snuggling this sweet baby. I never thought I would be doing all of these things again- nursing a baby, burping a baby, changing diapers. What joy there is in taking care of this little one!!!!! She is so warm and snuggly and sweet!I have so many praises to share with you!!!!!

First of all, it is so neat that Abby is 10 days old today- on her actual due date!!!! First, I praise You and thank You Lord for Abby waiting to being induced last Monday. We got to the hospital at 8:00 AM and the nurse started the Group B Strepp antibiotics right away. When Dr. checked me about 9:00, I was dilated to 5. She was funny! She "panicked" and was like, "Oh, my! I need to get things going here!!!!" She started hustling around, getting things ready for a delivery. I could have told her- not to worry- I am not "in labor" until I am at least 8cm!

Anyway, Brian and I "hung out" until Dr. came back at noon. We had papers to fill out and questions to answer with the nurse. At noon Dr. broke my water. We did NOT want to do pitosin- we wanted to let the baby come on its own. So, we walked and walked around the hospital floor. Contractions were light- about 5 min. apart. At 2:30, contractions a got a little stronger. We continued to walk through them. By 3:15 it was time to get back to the birth room! Contractions were about 2 min. apart. By 3:30 they were one after another. I couldn't believe when Dr. said to push on the next contraction! Two more pushes and Abigail was born!

She was born at 3:55 and weighed only 8 lbs, 3 oz (little compared to Aaron and Aly!).

Thank You Lord that Abigail is healthy and was not affected at all by the Group B. Thank You for all of the prayers and support from our family, friends, sisters and brothers in Christ! We felt their prayers! Thank You for the wonderful hospital staff! Thank You for our Dr. who also seeks You and trusts in Your Wisdom, Lord! I pray such blessings and love on these wonderful people!Thank You for Lansinoh (lanolin ointment for soreness during breastfeeding)! Thank You that You have given me wisdom after nursing 4 other children! I knew how to work with Abby to get her latch corrected. I thank You Lord for patience to wait through the hardest time and most painful (when your body is sore already from having a baby!), to continue to work through the nursing. Thank You for reminding me that it is just a short time ( a few days to a week) that I have to get through before nursing becomes beautiful and wonderful time to bond with baby. Thank You for continuing to remind me of Romans 8:18- that my present sufferings would not compare to the glory to come! Thank You for my MP3 player so that I could listen to my music while nursing to "calm" me down!Thank You for all of the support and love we have received from friends- meals, phone calls, just the thought that I could call any of these people if I need anything! Also, thank You for a reminder from a dear friend and mentor to stay in the Word right now, more than ever! Lord, my prayer is that You would help me to find the time to fill up on Your Word. Thank You for Your continued presence and so many answered prayers!

Let's meditate on Psalm 139:13-16"For You created my inmost being, You knit me together in my mother's womb (and as I look at Abigail, I am amazed at how He knit her together in my womb! He knit together her personality, her dark hair, her blue eyes, everything about her!). I praise You because I am wonderfully and fearfully made! (Wow! each one of us is unique! How amazing God is! What an incredible Creator! Looking at Abigail's little fingers and toes- so tiny. Even as I change her diapers I amazed at how each part of her body was made to work a certain way!); Your works are wonderful! I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, YOUR EYES SAW MY UNFORMED BODY. (Selah! Stop and think on that!) All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be. (Isn't that wonderful??? All of Abigail's days God already knows! He has written each day in His book and knows what will happen!) Praise You, Lord!"

I cannot name myself as one
Who never goes astray,
Who never stumbles on the road,
Or leaves the hallowed way.
But when I know that baby feet
Will follow where I've trod,
I walk with care that
They too may walk
That road that leads to God." - Margaret Fishback Powers

Lord, we Praise You and thank You! Your blessings and miracles are all around us. Give us eyes to see You, Lord, never to take for granted all that You do and all that You are. Lord, I pray that You would help me be the mother You have called me to be. I know I will make mistakes, and I know I will be forgiven in You. Help me to be a Light shining for You, especially for my children. Help me to "walk with care" so that they will look to You, Father! Praise You, Jesus! In the Most Mighty Name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Blessings to all of you, dear ones!
Posted by Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer at 10:43 AM

2 thoughts shared....:

Tonya said...

Yes, our children are indeed a GIFT from the LORD. I can't imagine my life without having loved each of them.

Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet words at my blog. It's so nice to "meet" you! =-)

A Captured Reflection said...

This was and is an amazing testimony. I have heard Jer 29:11 many times, but this is the first time it has jumped out so clearly especially with - our plans are so not necessarily the plans God may have for us. Wow. Having another child is something I very much do not want at this point - of course if it happened I know we would roll with it, but by choice we are happy with our two - aged 7 and almost 5 (she starts School end of April) an d I will be turning 41 in August...so a new phase. Your post blessed me, challenged me and wowed me - a real God factor in your sharing! Abigail is going to be a mighty warrior in the Kingdom. #7 complete! Wow, thanks for sharing.
Can relate to, I was group strep B with my daughter during last weeks of pregnancy and labour.