Thankful Thursday










Father God, I am so thankful for all you have blessed me with! God, you are so good!





OK- we have had been hit pretty hard here with the weather and have had so many snow days. It's been bitterly cold and the kids have been INSIDE. They have been going "stir-crazy"- bickering. They are ready for spring and so am I!





I have to admit, you know my heart anyway God, that I have been a bit negative- complaining in my heart. I have been frustrated about my schedule being interrupted, not having my alone time with you, (Mon., Wed., Fri. am is when I get lots of powercleaning done and have a "date" with the Lord- the time I have to myself when all of my kids, except for Abigail, are at school. This is the time I can fall on my face in prayer and worship, dance to the Lord, sing at the top of my lungs, and do heavy-duty intercessory prayer- praying in the Spirit, often weeping. Not the things I do with my whole family around!) But, as I caught a glimpse of my sweet kids the other day- Ashley reading to Aly and Aaron, I couldn't help but be flooded with such a wave of thanksgiving! Lord, these precious ones are NOT an "inconvenience" to my day- they are my purpose in life! I am so grateful you opened my eyes, Lord! Thank you that my attitude changed when I began to thank you and get my perspective right. Thank you for getting my heart right! We had another snow day the very next day and what a difference an attitude of gratitude makes! I made pancakes and fresh juice, we played games, watched "Little House on the Praire," snuggled, had lots of fun together! Thank you, Lord!

Preparing for speaking and praying for the body of Christ are important things I need to be doing, but the ministry that is most important is my precious family. I am so blessed to have five incredible children. "Children are a heritage from the Lord, blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." Father, forgive me for taking these incredible blessings for granted! How they fill my life with joy, excitement, LIFE!



Lord, I am thankful for your beauty. How these lovely roses have added such color and warmth to cold, white days! The contrast of the red and the white of the snow as I look out the window has been amazing. I thank you that you are a God of beauty....that you created beauty, and that you created us to appreciate it.
"May the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the LORD rejoice in His works..."




Father, I am so thankful for your love, for your forgiveness..... Thank you that you have made me a new creation in Christ. I would be lost without you, Jesus. Thank you that "your grace is sufficient for me and where I am weak, you are strong." Thank you that I don't have to try to "do it" in my strength, but when I fall down, submitting, surrendering to you in my utter weakness, you are my strength. Thank you that your GRACE empowers me to live the life you have called me to. Thank you that have saved me from myself! Thank you that you have brought me out of the darkness into your wonderful light. Thank you that you are my all in all- my everything, my LIFE.........

Father God, may I live today in a spirit of gratitude. Forgive me for complaining. Help me to see with your eyes- help me to see all that I have to be thankful for- all that you have given to me. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.

2 thoughts shared....:

Chelle said...

Isn't it funny that what we at first see as inconveniences are sometimes God just wanting to show us the beauty in our lives? Love the pics on here, made me smile :)

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

hey - we got more snow and ice as well. school has now been cancelled for 8 days. i too am over it!! but we know this and my recent dilema is nothing short of the defeated one. He knows howm uch you need to prepare and me too. buckle down!! you can do it - He will raise you up!! I am praying! love, Leigh