They are watching..........at Word-Filled Wednesday

Yay! Finally, today is the day that I get my "new" computer! I have been long awaiting it.....and have been reposting many of my favorite older posts for WFW. Many have been early posts that I added a picture to. BUT, this one (one of my FAVORITES!) already had the picture. My prayer is that is blesses you! And, check out Susan at Forever His for more great inspiration!





"...you became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. And so you became a model to all the believers..." -1Thessalonians 1:6-7


reposted from 1/08
Aaron, my four year old, decided yesterday that he wanted to go into the office with Daddy to "work." So, he got ready, packing his bag with crayons, markers, coloring books, and envelopes. He took a shower and "shaved" like Daddy, got dressed (tie and all), put on his cologne, and was good to go. Now, that was adorable, but what was really neat was that his big sister Aly, 7, helped him get ready. They had been playing house and she was pretending to be his wife and his helpmate. She helped him pick his clothes, "ironed" his shirts, helped pack his bag, combed his hair, complete with hair gel, and reminded him to put on his cologne! When I complimented her about being a wonderful helpmate and very kind, she smiled and said, "Well, you are a good role model! I want to help my husband like you help Daddy."


Well, there were tears in my eyes! And, it was an encouragement that God knew I needed. But, it was also a HUGE reminder that our little ones ARE WATCHING us! Thankfully, Aly is seeing me role model helping my family and taking care of them. But, unfortunately, my children also see me "role model" negative behaviors- losing my temper, yelling.... And, I see those behaviors in my children, too, reminding me that the saying, "Do what I say, not what I do......" is true! I want to learn by this delightful experience that, with the power of God, I can live out my beliefs, and my children will "pick them up." Lord, I know they are watching!


Father, thank you for little reassurances like this. Thank you that you are such an encourager. Help me, Lord, to shine your Light to my children. Help me, by my words and actions to model living for you. Thank you, Lord! In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

13 thoughts shared....:

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey,

What a beautiful post. Powerful! They ARE watching.

Oh, I hope to get to know you better in the year. I can tell already that you are going to be a great friend. Love and hugs, Lynn

Chelle said...

That is just adorable! I love the tie, and the serious look. Definitely ready for a day at the office. What a sweet reassurance for you :)

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Lynn,
I am really looking forward to getting to know you better, also! Isn't it AWESOME how God uses the Internet for His glory?

Blessings, friend!

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Chelle,
Thanks! Isn't the tie great? God is sooooo good. He knew I needed that encouragement that day.

Blessings!

Susan Skitt said...

How adorable! Yes, our kids do pick up on things, good and bad. We as parents can only ask for forgiveness when we mess up and keep on looking to our Savior, the best role model ever!

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Amen to that, Susan! :)

Denise said...

Really nice post.

lori said...

Girlfriend....THIS is priceless! They are watching and listening! What a perfect reminder...one that I can use anytime it's offered...

I'm soooooo happy you have your NEW computer! You're back in business!

LOVE ya!

lori

Mary Moss said...

Just too adorable for words! You might enjoy reading my post at Crayon Chronicles about being "Just" a Mom:-)

http://crayonchronicles.blogspot.com

Amydeanne said...

Help me, Lord, to shine your Light to my children. Help me, by my words and actions to model living for you. Thank you, Lord! In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

beautiful. may that be my prayer.

Susan said...

Oh how precious!!

Thanks for joining us today.

This was was worth sharing again.

You are a good mom♥

Cathy said...

A cute picture and great verse ~ You are teaching your children well.

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

What an awesome reminder that our little ones are watching and we ought to do the right thing more often than not. It reminds me of the saying "more things are caught than taught".

Have a wonderful Sunday in the presence of God.