Spinning.........

OK, my head is officially SPINNING!!!!!!!

Father God, I thank You that You have given us the wonderful Counselor- the Holy Spirit- to guide us and lead us in all Truth. Father, I pray for a Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that I may know You better. Lord, open the eyes of my heart and give me deep revelation into Your Word today.

Last week I heard a message that used a bit of the parable of the wheat and tares (Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43). The message itself was on WORSHIP, and used this parable to illustrate a principle. The parable Jesus taught was that the wheat and the tares grow together and when the harvesters come, they separate the wheat from the tares. Wheat and tares look exactly the same. So, how will the harvesters know them apart? She taught that when wheat has fruit and is ready for harvest, it BOWS DOWN. Its head is heavy, and it bows low. Thus, the harvesters could tell the difference because the tares stood straight up (proud). The wheat was the ones that were bowing. This really spoke to me! (I don’t know anything about wheat or harvesting, so I am taking that “on faith” to be true!). Lord, I want to be humble before You! I don't want to be full of pride (or an ounce of pride!). I want to have a POSTURE of humble worship!

Soooooo, I had a desire to study this parable in length……..that is why my head is SPINNING!

For the past week I have been “researching” this parable, first by reading my three translations- NIV, NLT, and the Amplified. Then, I decided to go online to see what others had to say. Oh, boy! Information overload! I have been reading and rereading!

There are even several blogs NAMED “wheat and tares.” I have read essays, sermons, articles all pointing out different aspects of the parable, and their opinions. One blog used it to warn the “Religious Right” to stay out of politics, separation of church and state, blah, blah, blah, while another essay came to the conclusion that the “tares” were TV. I came to the conclusion that we can use the Scriptures to support our own “agenda,” even when there are two opposite view points! We can “twist” God’s Word around, trying to make IT support what we want to say, instead of asking God to SPEAK TO US through the Word.

So, Father, I pray that You would forgive us from using Your precious Word to “back up” our own political, social, ideological ideas. I want to come to Your Word, with an open and humble heart, asking You to teach me, God. Forgive me for the times I have used Your Word inappropriately. I want to be filled with Your Word. Your Word is LIFE! It is precious and alive. It is part of who You are! Jesus is named the Word. It is one way You speak to us. How You teach us. It is Your love letter to us. You tell us that “all Scripture is God-breathed”. Continue to teach me in Your Word, Lord! Give me discernment when reading/listening to teachers of the Word. Thank You for the Holy Spirit that leads me and guides me in all learning. Thank You that I live in a country that I can freely go to Your Word and check for myself what You say! I love You, Lord! I love You Lord! In Jesus’ precious name I pray. Amen.

I think I will stay off the Internet when reading His Word and stay in my prayer closet!

Blessings to you all!

0 thoughts shared....: