He is my Rock!!!!!!!!!!

I love God’s Word! It refreshes my soul! God’s Word is amazing because no matter how many times you reread parts of it, it is never boring! There are a few books that I have loved so much that I have read and reread them. But, most books I would lose interest in if I read them over and over. But, not so with God’s Word! I was reading through some Psalms this morning- psalms I have read several times. But, even though some of the verses have been read so much I have memorized them, I never tire of them. Why???? It is because God’s Word is ALIVE! It speaks to me! I may have read a scripture hundreds of times, but I read it anew and it speaks something new to my soul! It is life. It fills my soul with life.

I was reading Psalm 18 this morning. It is such an encouraging psalm, especially when we are going through tough times. This psalm talks about our “enemies.” It is funny because one time I had been reading this psalm and thought, “Boy, I am so glad I don’t have any enemies.” I had been thinking in human terms. “Everyone likes me. I am nice to everyone around me. I don’t have any enemies.” But, God corrected me immediately!!!!!!!! He reminded me that I have an enemy to my soul that is out to kill, steal, and destroy everything good in my life. I do have an enemy- Satan! And, as I read this psalm this morning, I realized that we have many enemies- fear, doubt, disbelief, depression…. So, as you read this, ask the Holy Spirit what are your enemies and be encouraged that God fights all of our enemies for us!

Psalm 18
Verses 1-3:“I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my Rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my Rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.” Thank You, God! Thank You that when I call out to You, You are ready to save! Thank You for being my refuge, my shield, my deliverer!

4: “The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me;” Have you ever felt entangled, overwhelmed? Have the problems of life ever felt like they were suffocating, strangling you? ..…… “the snares of death confronted me.” Ever been confronted by the problems of life?

6: “In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. (May I always turn to You, Lord in my distress!) From His temple He heard my voice (God hears our voice, no matter what we think or what the enemy tries to tell us- God hears us!!!!) my cry came before Him, into His ears.” Our voices are in His ears. “He is attentive to our needs.”

Now watch what happens in the next few verses- the earth trembles and quakes. The mountains shake and tremble because of God’s anger. “Smoke rises from His nostrils; consuming fire came from His mouth.” God gets mad when someone is beating us up! Think about this in terms of a parent. If someone were beating up our child, some big bully hurting her, wouldn’t we come running to the rescue with smoke coming from our nostrils???? I love verse 10, “He soared on the wings of the wind.” I can’t help but remember this verse every time the wind blows through my hair! “The LORD thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded.” Whew! He shouts a battle cry on my behalf! “He is mighty to save!”

Verse 16, “He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters.” Have the waters ever felt like they were drowning you? He reaches down from heaven and draws you out! “He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.” No matter how big the bully is, how powerful, how strong, God is bigger! They may be too strong for us, but NOT for God! “They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. (“If God be for me, who dare be against me???”) He brought me out into a spacious place (ever felt like the walls were closing in- God brings us into a SPACIOUS place, where we can move, where we can breathe….) He rescued me because He delighted in me.” Nothing that I did- just because the Lord delights in me! “The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take delight in you.”

Listen to verse 28, “You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.” Have you ever felt darkness all around you? God turns it into light!

….verse 32, “It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.” I get my strength for the battle from God and God alone! “You armed with strength for battle; You made my adversaries bow at my feet. You made my enemies turn their backs in flight, (and listen to this!!) and I destroyed my foes." Whew! God gives US victory!

Let’s finish with praising Him,
“The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!”

Father God, thank You for always fighting my battles for me! And, You are so precious, You give the victory to me! I am the over comer, more than a conqueror IN CHRIST! Thank You, God that You are my Rock, my Stronghold, my Redeemer, my Strength, my Savior! Glory to God in the Highest! Hallelujah! In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen!

2 thoughts shared....:

Susan Skitt said...

Trac, I can sense your excitement as God shows you these things... isn't God amazing? When we read His Word, like a loving parent He is ready and waiting to show us so much.

I like your thoughts about the idea of enemies. So often I relate the idea of an enemy to an evil person or Satan, but sometimes we can be our own worst enemy when we let doubt or fear take hold. God has not given us that spirit. He's given us a spirit of power, of love, and of a sound mind.

Keep claiming His Word my friend and thanks for sharing your insights with others :)

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Susan,
God is so amazing! And, He is so precious as He teaches these things.

Oh, how I love that verse from Timothy!!!!

Thanks so much, Susan for your encouragement. God bless you! :)